January 24, 2008

Semestering

Last Wednesday signaled the start of another semester for PHC'ers and to continue what began fall of '07, here's the stack of textbooks for this spring:



(warning: technicalities follow concerning the courses ;)

On the list of classes for this semester, we've theo II, ush II, westlit II, and rhetoric. The middle two look to be largely the same as last semester with minimal changes in the schedule, while theo is vastly different. Not only are the quizzes solely based on supplementary readings (compared to the Grudem text only during theo I) and for the final, two essays are required from some unknown chapters within Grudem. I guess then the only reason for using Grudem is to discuss the chapters within the discussion forums (DF's) and apply stuff to the final. We'll see what happens. Rhetoric looks enjoyable and...interesting. There's no textbook for the course, with the main reading all on PHC's site. Also during the course, a couple of speeches are required, so watch out Providence church, you may become the audience at some point. ;)

Other than that, not much is happening besides replacing a broken latch on my Mac. And hunting last weekend...Emil says he's going to post on that...we'll see if he actually does. ;)

Words of wisdom: never ever ever break the latch on a PowerBook...the WHOLE bottom encasing needs replaced with a price tag of almost $300.

Also, iced white chocolate mocha's from Starbucks taste really good...buy one sometime. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have u try the online bookstore COCOMARTINI

http://www.cocomartini.com/

I get all my textbooks for this semester from this bookstore. All are brand new and 50%off discount from normal price. See if any help.

hehe ^_^

Colin said...

100 to 1 Dr. Erdmann will tell you in a few weeks one of the chapters that you will have to write on, and 20 to 1 one of them will have to be Election/Reprobation, and the other one of your choice. I was lazy and chose Justification. The next easiest one for me. :-)

Aye, Rhetoric is going to be interesting...I'm doing my Personal Story speech on my notorious ineptitude at conversing without rambling and my curious talent at obscuring the point I'm trying to explain. Hopefully it will not suffer the fate of its subjects. :-)

Anonymous said...

And you're still a loyal mac fan... *wags head* Sad sad sad, Ashton.