September 28, 2008

sign delivery, take two

So...I told myself I would post this after completing my economics quiz...I think that course and euclidean geometry are my favorite courses this semester.

...

Don't look at me like that.

;)

Five days after the previous sign delivery in the northern regions, I took another route, this time going to the south-western parts of the congressional district. Mileage for that day: 460, give or take. Now moving on to the interesting part of the post...



this was my first stop of the day...Rushville...I think by the end of the day I knew more about route 24 that I should have



Mt. Sterling was my second stop



too much coffee that morning, I think



now this road was fun. I thought I would be on highways all day, but it proved to be otherwise. then about half an hour along the way since leaving my second stop, I randomly looked at my list to make sure of everything, then realized to my horror that I forgot to drop off some stuff back in Mt. Sterling...but hey, at least I received a phone call during that time from Mom saying the new MacBook arrived...made me quite happy :D



around lunch-time a stop landed me in Quincy, which is right by the Mississippi. so I drove my monster truck down near the river, parked on some random street, and walked down to the riverfront for a nice, quiet lunch







my temporary food-partaking...place. can't forget the venti white chocolate mocha, and yep...I bought a second starbucks at the end of the day



the iPhone. there to help you find your way, encourage, and reassure. it's like motivational tapes on steroids



I've found it's more than a little difficult to take pictures of signs while doing delivery



the same principle can be applied to taking a picture of floodwaters to the left





my last stop of the day...


And there you have it. A full day of driving, which in due course repeated itself this past Thursday with deliveries once again up north...found out Tanner's Orchard is a nice place, albeit really...really expensive, lol.

(e.g., I found a half-bushel of apples for 38 DOLLARS!!!)

next up...dancing stuff...

2 comments:

Jessica McDonald said...

WOW! You're brave, Ashton. Taking a photo while crossing a bridge?! *faints* lol. :-D Looks like you had a...good time. :-)

Trust me, Tanner's Orchard is NOT an orchard that anyone but kindergarten classes want to go to. Expensive and b-o-r-i-n-g (well for anyone over the age of 6). If I go to an Orchard I expect to be able to PICK the apples. :-) And for a descent price. :-)

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DANCING PICTURES! :-)

In Christ Alone,

Jess

Simply Tiffany said...

Wow...looks absolutely....thrilling! :) I must say, though...that's a mighty fine temporary food-partaking...place. :)

And I must second Jessica's comment about Tanners...we sat...sorry, we stood there in the blazing sun for close to an hour waiting for ponies to lounge around so that the kids could get a pony ride that only lasted for maybe five minutes. The corn mazes were destroyed, the lines were WWWWAAAAYYYYYYY too long, the store was packed...hmmm...I hope you weren't getting commission for advertising for them... :) On a good note, their food was pretty good...and the water was cold...oh, and that tall scarecrow guy...he made Jess look short. ;)