May 25, 2008

our saturday

Another week passes, and with it came another busy, wonderful weekend. The Bandy boys (that'd be Emil and me) began their Saturday morning by taking out some concrete, but this story needs some historical background: a few years ago after the current back steps and sidewalk was poured, we had some extra concrete leftover, so we poured it off to the side thinking that'd be the best place. Fast forward to now.


slacking on the job? or waiting for the camera?



we got bored and wanted to broadcast the impending doom to the masses



i'll refrain from what i was going to say



emil's photographic capabilities come to life




Towards the part of our job where concrete is thrown into the truck, a call is attempted to make sure the load can be dropped off in town and we find out that the call can't be made (the phone was off and the mailbox full). So the above picture is how we left our concrete pile and it still remains the same to this day. Yes, it's a mess...but! It's an organized mess. Kind of.

That afternoon the plan was to attend Providence Church's monthly Hymnsing at the Evans', and, thankfully, it actually worked out for our family to attend this month! Considering the whole of the Bandy's hadn't attended a Hymnsing for about seven months or so (although I did by myself about two months ago), it was nice to attend once again and fellowship with everyone. Since everyone attending one Hymnsing didn't work out too well considering the amount of people, our church now has southern and northern places. Oh, and y'all at the northern Hymnsing missed out on homemade ice cream...


preparation beforehand while making weird middle eastern meditation noises...quite humorous



grace and i on the way there



lenna and elita candler with one of emil's puppies he's trying to sell (only $350 a pup for those of you interested)



chatting...and waiting for dinner



aha! there's the dinner



dessert time on the famous "Steps"...rumor has it that quite a few people can fit on this thing



jacob: com'on! i was posing for you! / me: what? you were?! ah...just a sec



i think faith enjoyed her ice cream



this, my dear readers, is samuel evans hat. and not just any hat, mind you. not only does it have oodles of signatures, but an apple sticker and a taylor guitars pin. those two latter items inherently make it famous



sam's photography personified in the form...of a picture



the participation of singers


Later on that evening after the singing, Sam broke out a couple of airsoft pistols so we could shoot each other. The results were rather interesting. Suffice to say that it's always...ALWAYS! a good idea to keep your mask on while playing. And the ironic thing is that just a few minutes before an incident we were discussing how convenient it would be just to wear sunglasses or something along those lines. But what about those other parts of the face that aren't protected? you ask. Exactly! Those areas are left vulnerable, including Ashton's nose...which Emil shot.

After the shooting match concluded, we all headed home...ready for bed and tired enough to justify it.

14 comments:

Emil Bandy said...

yeah..... but you didn't tell them who did almost all of the sledge-hammering... *cough*

;D

Ashton said...

I'm not aware of anyone who did almost all of it...

Emil Bandy said...

ok.... so I did 'round 70% of it....

Ashton said...

So you're the person who sent out the napkins email...I wondered who done it.

Nah...about 60%...no more.

Emil Bandy said...

MWAHAhA yes, I was the person who sent that email out :D

I'm not on the group... so I normally just say: The Bandys

Naw.... I'd say 65%

Simply Tiffany said...

Samuel let you wear his hat?!?! Wow...you must be something special...I've seen him freak out when somebody touches it...not that I'd want to touch that sweaty ole thing...

Oh, and Grace wearing a baseball cap? That's a first...

Elissa said...

Hey Thanks Ashton for adding me to your blog links, I'm working on updating mine.

Ashton said...

Emil,

60%.

Tiffany,

Haha, I wouldn't necessarily say that. More like...privileged. ;) And it isn't that sweaty if you let the whole thing dry first. Indeed she wore the baseball cap! She's done so in times past... :D

Elissa,

Quite welcome! Glad to be of service...thanks for adding me as well!

Jared said...

Music on websites (regardless how wonderful it is by its self) is dumb.

Also, I would like to comment on how boring of a commenter you are on other's blogs.

:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I don't know if you'll remember me. we met at little bear camp in colorado? Wally-ball? I know Kayla Ges? The small world of homeschooling... Any way just saying hi. Check out my blog at homeschoolblogger.com/thinkofme

Ashton said...

Jared,

Oh well. Some of us are deluded into thinking that music on sites is dumb...I think it's pretty neat. Provides more of an exhilarating experience whilst the visitor reads. You also have the option of turning the music off, ya know. All it takes is a click of the mouse. My comments are boring? I's needs an example. You're the one negatively critiquing my blogging techniques in the comment section. ;) Compare this to my comment on your blog: an uplifting, encouraging note offering praises to what you have done.

Mari,

Hullo there and welcome to the blog of Ashton! Hmmm, unfortunately I don't remember the name...maybe a picture would help? Oh wait! I found one on your blog. Are you the gal who had to travel down the mountain and encountered that snow storm while on the way to the hospital...?

Jared said...

Some people are deluded into thinking it's pretty neat.

What happens if I don't like your music and I want to listen to the stuff I already had planing on my own computer. I think it deters me from visiting your blog.

Unknown said...

The Trinity Hymnal! :D