May 13, 2008

final days

written last night:

[...of the semester are winding down. Today around 2:15 AM I turned in my final paper for rhetoric, so I get to check that off the list of completed courses. Then right before dinner tonight I kicked off the evening by finishing US history 2, so no more historical lessons in regards to our nation for me anymore from PHC, at least with the title of US history...you never know when they might sneak in a course like it but with a different title. The courses had their ups and downs; I enjoyed both of them overall, despite late nights, stressful assignments, and other lovely things like that I can only attribute to God's grace for completing. Now remaining: western lit 2 and theology 2.


proof of my halo, despite being rather small



in need of a shave and a drink



of writing a paper


Friday night I had the brilliant idea of caffeinating myself in order to stay up later, so I drove off to the local gas station with Dad to spend money on three Monsters. Suffice to say...it worked, as evidenced by this morning's assignment. I drank all three, so I headed out again tonight to buy three more. Yes, it's almost twenty dollars, but I think getting a better grade in school is worth more than that.


behold, my arsenal


Oh, and the irony of it all: needing to type around 6000 words over the next few days, apparently my hand decided to move around a cast iron pan regardless of this fact. Now usually this would work out, except that Emil loves turning up the burner as high as possible when he cooks lunch with it, and a hot cast iron pan hurts. Quite a bit, in fact! Why I didn't pick up a hot pad, I've no idea. Though thankfully it wasn't my whole hand, only a finger. But hey, it sounded like a good story. *grin*]

written today:

So after completing the aforementioned history exam, I celebrated by taking pictures. I'm such a geek.







This afternoon I've the westlit final, then I'll be DONE! with that course. Tomorrow's theology, then I can put the school of spring 2008 behind me.

Praise the Lord for this past semester, despite being...rather interesting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Say, when you have a spare moment (i.e., when school is done), do you mind giving me a summary of what West Lit is like?

Stay strong; you're almost there. :)

Sierra said...

Ashton! Don't you know that "Monsters" are HORRIBLE for you??!! Especially six in two nights! :)

Hopefully you won't die young... (aren't i soo encouraging?) ;)

Ashton said...

Liza,

Sure could! I'll try to write up something this afternoon and post it here...

Sierra,

LOL! Yes, that's, uh, quite encouraging for a college student to hear something like that. If anything, I'll die from a lack of sleep. ;) Oh dear me, no, I didn't drink six in two nights. lol I wouldn't trust myself with that much caffeine...I drank one every day over the course of six days. :D See y'all tomorrow!

Sierra said...

I see, my bad. But still...;)

Oh BTW, I love that last picture! Ruth is so adorable! :) See y'all tomorrow!