March 20, 2008

of stories

Recently, the posters of our beloved student discussion forum did something...interesting, to say the least.

You can read about it here.

In other news, it appears the hard drive on my Mac crashed. Yep, thousands upon thousands of hours of documentation, pictures, music, school work, movies, and other miscellaneous things supposedly bit the dust. It's sitting at a local Apple dealer waiting to be diagnosed, so I'm stuck with them PC's for the time being. But! Thankfully I backed up the hard drive last week before taking a Chicago trip (another Chicago trip this weekend...pictures to come), so I don't have to worry much about it, except for maybe plunking down a good amount of money for a new HD. College students...no wonder we have a reputation for being broke. :P

But, praise the Lord, He is merciful and I still have my 2-3 years worth of computing.

6 comments:

Simply Tiffany said...

Oh, my mind goes back to the time when my darling old monster of a PC died on me...holding within itself every digital picture ever taken of our family...I feel your pain...

Did you name your computer? You know, Mr. Ben-Ezra names his computers and his hard-drives...

Anonymous said...

Oh, man!!! Poor guy. Glad you had the stuff backed up!

Yeah, we had way too much fun with that story. :-D

Anonymous said...

After going through it all do you STILL like Macs'?:)

Ashton said...

Tiffany,

Ahh, I remember that happening...t'was quite saddening. Nope, I never got around to naming my compy...I've always called it my Mac. ;) Rather unimaginative, I know. Haha, I heard about that, though I don't think I'll take that route.

Colin,

I know it. Then when I was told that I could get the documents off my external HD at the dealer I mentioned, my reaction was, "YEEHAW, THANK YOU LORD, etc., etc., etc." But, er, not vocal like that...lol. :P And indeed we did have a good time with that story. *grin*

Anonymous,

(hopefully I'm correct in my assumption of who this is, or else it would be awkward to find out I'm wrong...lol) Yes ma'am, that I do. :) You ought to like them, as well, ya know. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to think that macs are just a computer with a different operating system and more expensive parts.
Your the 2nd peron I know that this is happened to out of about 5 people i know that have macs.
Good thing backed everything up.:)

Ashton said...

Well...yes, that's the basic concept. But it's so much more than that...and you can't really apply such a small test target to the whole Mac community, btw. ;) Five people out of however many are out there is a rather small percentage. You need thousands upon thousands of examples to really apply such a principle to all Macs. Unless I'm confused and you didn't mean to imply that Macs are prone to HD failures...lol. Indeed! I'm very thankful I had it all backed up...