February 7, 2008

thoughts

In the past, I've always been a fan of the wintertime. Whether it be for the fact of being born in January, or just enjoying the temperatures without the need of sweat pouring forth, I don't really know. Yet as of late, it seems that spring time has become the favorable time of year for me. With everything seemingly dead, distraught, or plain ol' despondent during the winter, it becomes depressing viewing the lack of vibrant life outside. Given, there are natural blessings from the wintertime weather, such as the beauty of frigid icicles slowly forming along the edge of a rooftop, or snow-capped mountaintops, but those just aren't living and active. During the spring, new life is seen coming into the world...




...just as the transition of winter to spring, so our lives transform from without Christ to with Him...

5 comments:

Colin said...

Aye, spring is wonderful. I pretty much like all the seasons but summer, myself. ;-)

Good application, too. There is a Calvin and Hobbes where he talks about loving wintry weather because it lets him savor a bad mood...all too often we grow to love our despondency...but spring will come, by the grace of God. :-D

Simply Tiffany said...

ditto....if Spring doesn't come find us...I just might go in search of Spring down south! :)

Ashton said...

Colin,

Heh, summer is the season to sweat and I prefer not to be in it. :P And amen to your last point.

Tiffany,

*googles Spring, TX* LOL! There /is/ a Spring, TX...too funny. Sorry, that was random...anyway! Spring usually arrives around early- to mid-April; sometimes as early as mid-March. :) Although we've had snowstorms as late as Easter-time...

Simply Tiffany said...

All you had to do was ask me about Spring, TX and I could've told you there was one! :) My absolute favorite place to go antique shopping is in Old Town Spring...we lived about 45 minutes from there...unless you got stuck in rush hour traffic...

*plugging my ears...er, closing my eyes* I didn't want to know that it could snow around Easter...how are you supposed to wear sailor-styled clothes and have an Easter egg hunt if it's snowing?!?!?

Ashton said...

Haha...it's snowing right now, Tiffany... *grin*

Oh, and the mental image of me in a sailor suit with an Easter-egg basket in hand is just...disturbing. lol