February 19, 2008

of speeches

So last night, with much silent fanfare and applause from my audience, I gave a speech unto the following...things.

1. That Moses doll from the Prince of Egypt movie
2. Some multi-colored turtle Beanie Baby thingy
3. A glass snowman that no longer lights up
4. And a video camera

They participated quite well during my ordeal, with little noise or interruption. Although the depressing part is that no one laughed at my ribbing towards Microsoft...ah well, such is life in the life of a Mac fan: sometimes jokes just go over the heads of those PC people and they just stare at you, wondering what the point was. *avoids the thrown tomatoes*

The basic outline of this assignment for rhetoric was to give us students a chance at revising/revisiting/correcting a speech. Being down with what we affectionately refer to as the plague, the whole thing became...hmmm... Let's just say I sounded like a cross between a sick whale and a hoarse politician at times. (don't worry, you can laugh ;) Or at least that's what I thought....you can decide for yourself.

(this wasn't the final version, btw)

2 comments:

Jessica McDonald said...

LOL, Ashton! That was hilarious!!! I just had this funny picture in my head of Emil bashing a door down...lol!

Great job on the speech, by the way!! :)

And I think I'd go with those handicapped doors that open by themselves. That, in my mind is the most efficient way. :D lol (just kidding) :D

Anonymous said...

Sick whale has my vote. ;-)

And you forgot about the doorway in Prince Caspian, where you CAN walk around the door.

I did like the idea about having your brother bash it in. "I DON'T WANNA USE MY HEAD!!!!"

In all seriousness, though, good job on the speech; I like how you can find moral lessons in something as simple as opening a door. :-D

Colin

Colin