February 13, 2007

Living on the Prairie

Well folks, the snow is here. It started up last night, around 9 o'clock or so, and has continued incessantly since then until about 10-15 minutes ago. The downfall began quickly, in fact, my brother and I thought that thunder or a snow plow sounded outside. In the morning, this is what it looked like in our backyard:



Yep, the white stuff. During the day, white-out conditions occured off and on and less than 5 vehicles passed our house. On the news this evening (one of those once-in-a-lifetime TV watchings we have), it was said that officials even quit plowing the county roads for reasons of receiving drifts as soon as they move on. Those are the roads we use to go anywhere. :-P Aye, we've got a blizzard on our hands. Dad and I had to stay home from our respective trips--his for work and mine for debate. There's 8 foot snow drifts near our area, and 2-4 foot drifts in our own yard. And while the snow stopped earlier for a brief time, 2-3 more inches are in the forecast.

Welcome to Illinois weather. :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lucky people. I haven't seen snow like that in 7 years. I want some really bad. I love snow.