December 31, 2006

For Thou Art With Me

He clicked on an icon. The program opened. As usual, pop-ups came and, as usual, were closed. He typed in his destination, waiting for the list to appear. Many choices came to view, but none to his satisfaction. He tried again, narrowing his topic to a more specific phrase. The familiar ring of his father working on finances sounded in a room nearby. Meanwhile, the narrowed search proved to no avail. "Oh well, off to another one, then." The thoughts mulled over in his mind, attempting to discover another need, another want, another non-existant desire. Music played in the background, softly in his ears.

This is the air I breathe
This is the air I breathe
Your holy presence
Living in me...


His eyes scanned the screen, taking in various windows and links. "Aha! There's one..." He knew what to do now. Switching to the program again, he typed in his search. The desired selection appeared time and time again, a smile on his lips, signaling victory. He moved the courser to a song, hovering over the text. His conscience suddenly pricked his mind and the thought crossed in front of him...

...do not steal...

...but something rose from the depths, tempting thoughts entered his mind...

...it's just a song...no one will really know where it's from...it'll be ok...shareware is the whole concept, so your actions are fine...you've done it many times before...

But the original thought persisted...

...do not steal...

He knew what to do this time. A few key-strokes, and the program closed.

"Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul. . . .

"In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?"

No comments: