January 5, 2009

well now...

Good evening, dear blog of mine...it's been quite some time since I've paid any attention to you. My apologies. Just be thankful no one's terminated you. The past couple of months (has it really has been that long? ...goodness) have found me...among other things...finishing up a semester with PHC, completing the 19th Thanksgiving during my life here on this earth, attending a Sing-Along Messiah up north in Chicago, almost spending Christmas with the McDonald's because of the weather, and realizing that the semester with PHC was turning out to be my last. Concerning the last point; from a note I wrote on facebook:

"I've put this off for a little bit, wanting to write the note and not wanting to at the same time. So...I'm switching higher educational routes after this semester, from PHC to collegeplus. This has been on my heart and in my prayers for a bit, looking ahead and seeing where God's leading me with my education + future plans. My major will be economics [edit]turns out they don't have a degree in econ with cp, so it's looking like possibly accounting with an emphasis in econ?[/edit], either business economics or a dedicated economics degree, and it's much cheaper. I'll probably save around 40 grand or so compared to PHC...kinda adds an incentive to the whole picture. ;)

Now don't get me wrong...I absolutely love PHC and shall seriously miss everything surrounding it. All the experience in academics gained, friends made, situations providentially overcome in order to be where I am today...I've looked forward to attending there for about 5 years or so...but things change, and I believe this is the next step in the life God's given me...

And you never know, I may pop up for a visit sometime on the east coast. ;)

To Him be the glory and honor,

~ Ashton"


Thus, here I am. Completing my enrollment with collegeplus and excited to see where God's leading will take me in this area. Let's roll... ;)

But moving on to some pictures, which have been rather lacking as of late...so we'll try to catch up from events over the past few months...

the first '08 deer season...

the Riggenbach's graciously offered to help us process the meat






thanksgiving '08...


a holiday works perfectly to celebrate multiple birthdays at one time


original Wisconsin cheese...don't it make you jealous? and don't forget the original store-boughten grapes and apples!


when the photographer's away, other people will play


and continue playing



christmas preparation...



(other Christmas pictures on a different camera...mayhap this post to be updated at a later point with more Christmas pics)

a surprise birthday party for Jessica...



the crumbs tell all




a very looong Virginia reel set..."play it again, Jeremy!!"


the sing-along messiah...

Sing-Along Messiah


the last Sabbath of 2008...


experimentation


the calm before the storm with apples to apples...you should have seen what happened after an unnamed person put down st. augustine as "hot"




an evening with the Evans'...



gearing up for a blurry game of Junglespeed


checking out Emil's new netbook


that coffee was good...'course, we won't discuss exactly how much sugar was put in mine


an evening with the Hamilton's...


more apples to apples!


a mysterious look to accompany some mysterious (i.e., weird) cards



new year's eve...



why so serious...


the last few days...


oh the things done when I'm not present


yes indeed


my poor photo library...see what has been added?!


prior watching a movie


further experimentation


kinda blurry, but too cute to pass up


...and there y'all have it! Caught up to date and ready for 2008. I know, I know...it's 2009, but it had to rhyme.



Ok, that was lame. Moving on...

Blessings to all and to all a good night!

5 comments:

Colin said...

Augustine as "hot." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! I'm actually laughing out loud right now.......Wow.

Thanks for the update, buddy. I'll keep you in my prayers as you pursue CollegePlus. Let me know how it goes. And, if you end up on the East Coast, LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!

Simply Tiffany said...

lol....that has got to be one of the most humorous posts you've ever put up! Thanks for finally posting...we've been waiting. :)

The deer stuff looks oh-so-nasty...I'll add that to the list reasons why I don't hunt. :)

And come on...spending Christmas with us wouldn't be that bad...would it? ;) We were so glad y'all could make it home...I hope you were driving safely. :)

Emil's self-portrait is terribly funny. And yes, your little rhyme was lame. :)

Ashton said...

Colin,

*grin* My sentiments exactly. Thanks muchly for the prayers, bud...I'll continue to keep you in my prayers as well as updating you concerning life's occurrences! :D And I'll definitely let y'all know if I come out to the East coast at some point...few things could keep me from visiting PHC if that happened. ;)

hehe...and...just for old times' sake....OOOOHHHHHHOOOOOO LOVE FLAGGG!!!!!! LOL, I read that on your fb comment the other day ago and couldn't help but having a good laugh. Good memories...good memories...

Tiffany,

Hehe...quite welcome! I'd been wanting to as of late and your comment proved enough to get me past the procrastination. *grin* And I'm sure I would have had a wonderful Christmas if it was either with y'all or with my family! ...yes indeed, I drove safely to some degree or another. :D Oh and thankfully I haven't had to do all the processing stuff with the deer meat, only trying to kill one is where I'm at. ;)

Colin said...

Hehe...they put up with my hanging around with them on campus fairly often, so I do so fairly often. On occasion I'll break out the "love flags." :-)

And, methinks it is also thine birthday--therefore, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YE, MR. President!!! :-)

Lisa Marie said...

hey there, Ashton!

I didn't know you had a blog!

I'm still thinking about CollegePlus or PHC online so I googled CollegePlus vs. PHC (how silly, I know :) and this blog post came up!

Hope you're doing well!
~Lisa Moyer