December 5, 2007

Politicking

Definitions, definitions, definitions...if there's anything debate taught me, it's to define my words...

politic |ˈpäləˌtik|

adjective
(of an action) seeming sensible and judicious under the circumstances : [with infinitive ] I did not think it politic to express my reservations.
• (also politick) archaic (of a person) prudent and sagacious.

verb ( -ticked |ˈpɑlətɪkt|, -ticking |ˈpɑlətɪkɪŋ|) [ intrans. ] [often as n. ] (politicking) often derogatory
engage in political activity : news of this unseemly politicking invariably leaks into the press.


Personally, I don't think the former (adj.) definition fits in line with what I'll write about, rather the latter (verb) rings true to the point. As of late, all my essay writing requires expository writing, such as no reference to personal preference, if you will, such as including the personal pronouns: we, I, them, you, etc; therefore it's nice to have some freedom with blog posting. Not that I don't like strictly expository writing, it's just that it becomes repetitive and rather tedious after while, with making sure that every...single...sentence...has no selfishness attached.

Now that's an interesting thought. Maybe someone can correlate someday how expository writing become a more Biblical position.

Of course, the difficultly for me in writing non-expository is that I tend to steer towards rambling writing. Such as now. Moving on...

So last week, my brother and I hunted the second season, and while he hunted Thursday through Saturday, I could only make it for Thursday because, once again, of school reasons. We headed over Wednesday so that we might be able to head out nice and early Thursday morning, but, like circumstances such as these, it didn't particularly work out that way. But my focus in this post won't be about the hunting. Rather, it will be about what occurred Wednesday evening: the Republican YouTube debates.

(for those interested in seeing the youtube debates go here: http://youtube.com/profile?user=ytdebates)

The evening started off like most others regarding the hunting season: we traveled over to Athens in two vehicles, rented a movie (or in this case bought, seeing as the business was going out of business), and then headed over to the grandparent's house. This time they actually had the movie we wanted to watch, so that was nice. Upon arrival, naturally we saw the movie...around two hours or so long, after which everyone went to bed...except me. I guess the staying-up-late-every-night affected my sleeping habits or something. ;) I flipped through the channels for about an hour or so, watching some Sci-Fi here, some 90's Nick @ Night there, until I noticed that CNN had the debates going on at around 11 or so. At first, I just skipped it, thinking that it wouldn't be worth it. But twenty minutes or so passed and finally the decision was made to watch it.

I thought it interesting that the Republican debate fell on one of the few nights I had access to satellite TV, and seeing as last time we hunted the Democrat debate (not a youtube one) aired, I guess the Lord thought it necessary I get the other side of the opinions, even though I had to stay up until one in the morning both times to hear those opinions. *cough* :D It was kinda humorous, in an abstract way, to see Clinton, Edwards, and Obama (yes, alphabetical order) verbally attack one another...otherwise known as mud-slinging.

Oh...it appears Descartes needs to be read...

This'll be finished next time. :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't watch the democrat debates, I hear enough of Mrs. Clinton (*cough* *hehe*) as it is. The republicans were interesting... so who are YOU supporting for president?

Ashton said...

Huckabee. :D

Unknown said...

Same here! :D

Anonymous said...

POSTING TIME!