December 6, 2009

hello there

Is this thing alive? Ah, yes it is. Very good.

So I've neglected my blog over the past several months, for various reasons. And I'd like to pick up that good ol' blogging habit again, for various reasons. The two "various reasons" may be connected or correlated in some fashion or another, but I'd prefer to study that in detail at a later date. But, one prominent reason I wanted to revive my blogging from its former lifeless form to its current semi-lifeless form is to bring back some literary-ness into my life. One thing that I'm beginning to realize about my past PHC classes is that I could freely write to my hearts content (or, more like freely write with the ghastly Due Date waiting with a Bad Grade at the ready).

And I miss all that writing.

Whether for good or for bad, but hopefully for the good. Writing about adventures abroad taken by Gulliver, or the trinitarian nature of the marriage covenant. Writing about communism, or how Descartes thought and therefore he was or so he thought.

In the past, my posts were largely picture-based, with the attempted witty or winsome tagline to follow. Not to say that such a post plot-line will change for the future, albeit rather have some variance in and out and all about. And besides, actual time given to my camera isn't as much as it used to be, largely because higher priorities have taken over (i.e., more intensive school) and more time is given to doing stuff around the house compared to what it previously was. And work, can't forget work. Though the future may provide more adventuresome opportunities and subsequent camera-ing, only the Lord knows for sure, and I'll assuredly be posting pictures. Or maybe post the occasional little story like I've done in the past. And then there's facebook or twitter, the social networking websites extraordinaire that *stops myself before ranting*. Maybe another time...

Oh, and I also found out recently we've Spanish blood in us...and largely aren't as Frenchy as I thought...more German/Spanish/French/Scottish/somethinglikethat. Researching the family tree...something else I'm wanting to do. Anybody got some spare time on hand that I can permanently borrow?

Yes, this post is pretty much me rambling, but take it or leave it; I can do no other. For tonight, at least.

My layout needs a redo. This grey is so...grey.

Adieu for now, and Lord bless.

4 comments:

Simply Tiffany said...

YEEEHAW!!!!! Ashton posted on his blog again!!!! See, FB HAS reached it's peak and people are realized their folly and returning to the good ole' world of actually writing instead of blurbing!!! Is that even a word?

Anyhow, maybe I can interview you...s FB survivor, one who made it safely back and is ready to take up arms in the blogging world once more. Oh, what a happy day this is...

Spanish too? Well, then Emil will make a very good Zorro!

As for extra time, I have *goes to check her schedule* yeah, that's what I thought. I have absolutely NO free time to spare. My deepest apologies.

But, keep up the GOOD work...I know you can, and I'm looking forward to reading your deep posts. :)

Wow...have I ever left a comment this long on your blog?

Lenna Marie Chapa said...

Woohoo! Good job Ashton... Welcome back to the bogging world!

Like Tiff said, Keep up the good work!

Tiff- You busy?!?! NEVER! ;)

Jeremy Degenhart said...

I literally sobbed for joy when I read this post.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!