October 6, 2007

Country Dancing

So...last night we danced. :D

We started at 6:30-ish with something along the lines of an "introduction to dancing 101," meaning, we paired up, the instructor told us what to do, and we did it. Rather simple, yes? No. If you've ever seen us try to dance something we've never danced before, you would agree with that conclusion. Half of the time it felt like I was apologizing to the gals I danced with during the evening. But overall, I thoroughly enjoyed our folk dancing, which included the three-some-dance-thing, that one gypsy-awkward-stare-in-the-eye dance, and then, of course, the Virginia Reel, which happens to be the only name I remember. Ah yes...and the polka. It was...interesting, although I stepped on Anna's feet once (sorry Anna!). After that Garrison and I danced the polka, which was...interesting as well. The evening concluded around 10, with all of us bidding each other an adieu...though I wish we took a video sometime with the camera I left out in the van...

[edit: more pictures here]







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so fun! I can't wait till the next one! :) I wonder what Jessica, Lenna and I were talking about, Jess looks horrified! i think its because someone was talking about worms, I wonder who that was...Emil! I'm just kidding, thanks for posting the pictures, c ya tomorrow!

Jessica McDonald said...

Great pictures, Ashton!!! I'm SOOO glad that someone got photos!!! Thank you for posting!!!!!!!!!! :D
And my face is hysterical. I'm looking utterly horrified. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey, worms are cool, just as long as you don't start dragging huge worms along and slapping their slime all over your body while gulping down huge quantities of it.

Emil Bandy

Simply Tiffany said...

Emil Bandy! What ever caused such a thought to enter into your head?!?!?!

lol

Anonymous said...

LOL, Showdown by Ted Dekker, (that explains it all) Winner of the weirdest book I ever read award.

Emil Bandy

Simply Tiffany said...

Ah...very interesting...so is this why Jess had to finish it before going to sleep? ;-)

wanderer said...

Looks...interesting. :)
Do NOT get me started on polka. That stuff is dangerous. At my cousin's wedding, there were multiple obligatory polka dances, since our family is Polish (I'm like 50% Polish). I came just short of breaking my cousin's foot about five times...haha.

Anonymous said...

Emil! I agree with Tiff! Thats sick, but at least you don't do what Josiah does, ask him on Sunday...:)

Anonymous said...

Ashton, Thank you for the pictures and info. I look forward also for next year. It would be great if someone compiled recipes of the great food that was served that day. You all look great your granmother did such a wonderful job on the costumes. Love grandma Ann email herbertta@aol.com