October 17, 2006

Of Macs and Windows (and other subjects)

In the recent weeks, senior pictures have been part of my schedule. And, as a result, the request was put to me of actually being able to see those pictures. And as I stated recently on my other blog, I would attempt to post them. Yet...things don't always work out as planned. :-/

This evening when I took my brother to his weekly clay pigeon shooting meeting thing, I decided to go ahead and pick up the CD that had the pictures on it. I picked it up, brought it home, ate dinner, desert, etc., then proceeded to upload the CD onto my computer. However, technical difficulties sometimes arise when you try to work cross-platform (between Mac and Windows). Apparently the file the photographer gave me was an executable program (.exe)...and Mac doesn't particularly accept .exe files. :-P More along the lines of .tar and .dmg - those are preferable. Sooooo.........

This file is currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Patience is appreciated in the meantime.

~~~

And I urge y'all from Xanga to switch to Blogger. In fact, all you need is your Gmail account if you don't feel like creating a whole 'nuther account to keep track of.

Blogger beta

It is your destiny!

~~~

Ah yes, I've been informed (implicitly) to tell everyone that we're leaving for Colorado on Saturday and shall be gone for two weeks. ;-)

~~~

Thank you, and a good-night to all. *bows*

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Patience is not a virtue of mine. :D

I already have a blogger... Yay me! And I shall be waiting to hear about that subscription thing you were talking about last night. :D

Anonymous said...

.exe's are awesome.